Saturday, April 5, 2008

The run that never was

I never got to do day two of the program last night! I am so annoyed with myself. I got home from work and decided to take my broken curtain rail down and then go for the run but just as I finished taking the rail down my friend Emma, who has been doing work experience on our neighbour’s farm, appeared and asked if I wanted to go for a ride with her on the neighbour’s farm. I figured it wouldn’t be a really long ride but boy was I wrong. We ended up going for about 3 hours and spent about an hour of that in the pitch black. I don’t know how we managed to find our way home. I was also bareback that whole time (which is much harder on the body then with a saddle). So yea, there was no time for it last night. And then today I played three games of netball and two games of squash which REALLY took it out of me. (It was supposed to be a rest day today).

I almost decided that all that physical activity made up for the missed run but no, I’ve committed to follow the program and follow the program I shall. So tomorrow I will do day two and then day three on Wednesday and start week two on Friday! I am very, very annoyed. Oh well.

The good thing is I experimented with strapping my arches today and they only hurt at the very end of the last squash game so I’m happy with them. I am going to have to look into getting insoles though, because I use quite a bit of tape to strap and it will cost a lot to do it every training run and for all my practices and games.