Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rest Day

Well yesterday was a rest day although it’s never really a rest day since there is always something to do on the farm. But I only walked a horse up a couple of hills to a new paddock so it wasn’t exactly strenuous.

I had netball practice on Wednesday night and broke a sweat there with the warm ups and then the game but felt really good the whole time which was awesome. I didn’t puff as much as I was expecting, as certainly not as much as some of the other girls on the team! I did notice that my arches were hurting in my feet a bit, which is probably due to my flat feet, I’m going to have to look into getting some insoles or perhaps getting a shoe that supports my arches properly. But for now I’m just going to strap them.

Walking around at work yesterday I also notice a bit of pain in my thighs, close to where the hip joins the thigh bone. I put it down to my legs not being used to running on the road. They are fine today. Today it’s another brisk 5 minute warm up alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking. I had a late night last night and so am opting to do the run once I get home from work rather then get up extra early this morning for it. I’m still a growing teenager and need all the sleep I can get.

Tomorrow I am supposed to be having another rest day but have three games of netball in the morning and squash in the afternoon so won’t be getting much rest at all. I wanted to stick to the program as much as possible but unfortunately this is the way it has to be.

I’ll post tomorrow about how today’s run went. I’m really looking forward to it.