Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day Two of Week One

I did day two of the training program yesterday and it went great. I walked back into the house after the run feeling awesome. My glutes and thigh muscles were pretty sore when I woke up yesterday morning, probably from all the physical activity the day before but I pushed through the pain anyway.
The run started off well. I did a brisk walk and some stretches to warm up and then started the first 60 seconds of running. At the second 60 seconds I was came to our ostrich paddock and three of the ostriches started running along side of me. I increased my pace a bit and started racing them. They all pulled ahead pretty soon.

The run just before the turn around time was the worst. I had to push myself to keep going and it seemed like the longest minute ever. It was on a very slight up hill which really seemed to take it out of me. I did finish the rest of the run quite easily though.

We mustered in 150 feral goats that are eating all our desperately needed grass yesterday afternoon which gave me a bit more physical activity so today’s rest day is a welcome relief.

Tomorrow: Day three: The last day of week 1.